Location: Rowe Referrals, Bristol
Type: Full Time | 12 Month FTC
We have an exciting opportunity for an Ophthalmology intern to join our friendly team! Interns are responsible for the day-to-day care of the inpatients in the Ophthalmology department. They will perform ophthalmic examinations, give updates to clients and manage inpatient care. This is a training role so interns will also assist in theatre and engage in clinical research where possible.
Rowe Referrals is conveniently located within the M5 / M4 corridor, with excellent local travel links. The department has been established for many years and has an excellent reputation. We are fully kitted out with the latest equipment including an Oertli OS4 phaco/VR machine, endolaser, high frequency ultrasound and ERG, and the clinicians provide the highest possible standard of care to our patients.
About the Team and Culture
Our team is made up of 10 Vets, 12 Nurses and 7 support staff. All vets are certified or AVP, specialists in medicine, soft tissue, ortho, dentistry, neuro, cardio and ophthalmology.
About the Rota
This is a full-time position composing of 5 days per week, 9.5 hour days, and 1 in 3 OOH weekends.
The ideal candidate will have
- Excellent communication skills
- Good SA medical/surgery skills
- Competent SA anaesthesia skills
- Evidence of Ophthamology CPD
- High standard of written and spoken England (Non-English speaking candidates require minimum level 7 qualification)
- Membership of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons or be eligible for membership.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive salary of £31,000, you will benefit from:
- 6.6 weeks annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Accommodation available
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- 7days, expectation to attend BRAVO, BEVA, Microsurgery course
- Certificate Support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- Relocation allowance
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
How to Apply
If this position is of interest to you, please email your CV to Ryan Powell at email@example.com